The purpose of this position is to carry out assigned laboratory duties which may include sampling, testing, and evaluating analytical data on samples such as raw materials, stability, in-process and final products.
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
Conduct laboratory tests in compliance with established internal Standard Test Methods, compendial methods and vendor partners supplied methods.
- Assist in the development and improvement of written procedures.
- Maintain organized records of tests performed and results obtained. This may include maintaining a computer accessible database for the purpose of tracking and trending analytical data.
- Assist in performing laboratory investigations. Write investigation report as required.
- Maintain a level of technical knowledge and understanding in the assigned areas of responsibility that are consistent with the current scientific requirements of the company.
- Understand and comply with accepted laboratory and safety procedures, including Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assist in the preparation of analytical data for internal meetings as required.
- Keep laboratory instruments used for testing well maintained.
- 1 year of relevant hands-on pharmaceutical laboratory experience.
- BS degree in Chemistry from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, graphing, etc.
- Good knowledge of cGMPs and laboratory practices.
- Familiar with basic laboratory instruments.
- Excellent observation skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to follow analytical procedures and protocols.
- Good laboratory techniques.
- Ability to work in a methodical and organized fashion.
- Ability to write in a concise, logical fashion.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with a high degree of self motivation.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal English communication skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize scientific information resources within the assigned area of responsibility.